Q: What are some additional benefits – other than dramatic cost savings – of rehabilitating large valves rather than replacing them?
A: In addition to cost savings (repair is a fraction of replacement cost) there are many other benefits to rehabilitating the large and critical valves in water transmission systems. Here are just a few:
- Reliable operability assures critical customers are protected (hospitals, dialysis centers, day care centers, universities, and large areas that do not have a redundant water supply)
- Rehabilitation requires minimal disruptions to service as opposed to replacement
- Rehabilitation advances control of the transmission system
- Rehabilitating large valves increases reliability
- Rehabilitation improves the image of conservation and cost-effective resiliency
Wachs Water Services helps utilities jump start large valve assessment programs. Contact us today to speak with a large valve expert to see how we can help you advance system reliability. 800-525-5821; firstname.lastname@example.org