Every day, 850 water main breaks occur in North America at a total annual repair cost of over $3 billion. This doesn’t include the high costs of emergency equipment, depleted water supply, traffic disruptions, and lost work time.
Acoustic leak detection is an important way that utilities can identify and account for non-revenue water and minimize the number of main breaks that occur in their distribution systems each year. Utilities can lower pipeline repair costs by hiring a knowledgeable service provider to find leaks before they become costly main breaks. This also reduces the risk of bacteria and viruses entering the water supply through burst pipe. By pumping and treating less water, utilities will prolong the life of their treatment and pumping facilities.
Highly trained Wachs Water Services field technicians have nearly 2 decades of experience with multiple technologies and techniques for water main leak detection, and have inspected almost 20,000 miles of small and large diameter water mains for leaks. Wachs Water Services offers a wide array of leak detection solutions to help ensure the right tool for the right job.
Benefits of proactive water main leak detection programs include:
- Improved public health
- Buried infrastructure protection
- Reduced water treatment costs and increased revenue streams
- Increased level of customer service – quantity, quality and pressure
- Water leakage recovery is often the best and most economical source to meet increased demand, compared to building or expanding treatment facilities
- Improved public perception of utility through proactive adoption of best practices
- Fewer insurance and legal related claims
To speak to one of our highly qualified leak detection specialists – contact us at 800-525-5821; email@example.com