Wachs Water Services partners with utilities and engineering firms to deliver quality data that can be used in the field or in the board room. We collect attribute information such as asset type, purpose, operability, location, turns-to-close, surface cover, size, and many others. Our over 30 million collected data points highlight the trust that utilities across the continent continually place in our services.
TOTAL INFORMATION CONTROL INVOLVES 3 ESSENTIAL COMPONENTS:
- Complete Information: Essential data must be obtained for every asset, including attributes like manufacturer/model, turn count, GPS location, and many more.
- Accurate Information: Quite often attribute and/or mapping information does not match utility records, rendering it useless. Therefore, a key component of total information control involves checking for data discrepancies.
- Available Information: Integrating the field data into a GIS and/or an order management system allows all stakeholders to use the data.
The best way to achieve total information control is with an inventory assessment program, which ensures all three components are completed.
HOW IT WORKS
PROCESS: As part of an asset inventory program, condition assessment program, or a similar program, Wachs Water Services team gathers key information on each asset to ensure that the information is complete, accurate, and available.
INTEGRATION: After data collection, the Wachs Water Services team works with utility personnel to deliver the data. The integration needs of each utility vary. For some utilities, we can update their existing GIS, or their work order management system, or help them implement a GIS. For utilities preferring to view the information in a stand-alone platform, we offer our proprietary tool, ProjectTracker™. Whatever your integration needs, our experts here at Wachs Water Services stand ready and able to assist you.
- Quickly resolve main breaks
- Smarter capital planning
- Increased crew efficiency
- Prioritize maintenance and repairs
- Improve water Quality
- Improve customer satisfaction
- And much more…
For more information on the benefits and value of putting data to work for your utility, please contact us to speak with a data integration expert. 800.525.5821; firstname.lastname@example.org